Why It’s Important to See a Doctor After a Car CrashArizona Legal News
Car accidents can occur in the blink of an eye. The majority of the time, individuals don’t have a lot of time to prepare before an accident occurs. Automobile accidents can occur anywhere at any time of day and they can be the cause of serious injuries. The National Safety Council reported about 4.5 million people were seriously injured last year due to car crashes throughout the United States. These injured victims must see a doctor for a proper treatment plan. There are many reasons why it is important to see a doctor after a car crash occurs even if you don’t think you are injured. Listed below are some reasons why individuals must see a doctor after an accident.
Injuries Aren’t Always Obvious
Car accidents are very frightening and can cause a great deal of stress. There are times when injuries show up hours or days after the accident occurs. The most common delayed onset injuries include the following:
- Concussions- This type of injury occurs when the brain collides with the skull due to an intense impact. Often concussions are diagnosed hours or days after the initial impact. This is a very serious injury because it affects your entire brain. Individuals could also experience PTSD after the accident as research shows about 8 percent of individuals will experience PTSD at some point in their life. It is always a good idea to see a doctor after any type of impact to your head to be safe and ensure further complications don’t arise.
- Back Injuries- A back injury can be the cause of some serious pain. Oftentimes this type of injury gets worse with time and causes difficulties days or weeks after the accident occurs. If you don’t get treated right away, the pain will continue to get worse and cause worse complications in the future.
- Whiplash- This injury occurs from your head moving suddenly forward then backward after an impact occurs. This motion involves muscles, soft tissue, and nerves. All of these could be damaged in the event of a strong impact. It may take a few days to feel all of the pain from whiplash, but seeing a doctor immediately could eliminate pain within a few days.
If you have sustained injuries in a car accident, you should never ignore them no matter how small they are. See a doctor immediately to get a proper diagnosis. A doctor can help you recover quicker and give you an adequate treatment plan. It is also important to get medical documentation showing the injuries you sustained and the treatment plan.
If you have sustained injuries in a car crash make sure you go to the doctor and get medical documentation. This documentation will help prove that your injuries were a result of the car accident. This is crucial evidence in an accident claim. It will prove to insurance companies that your doctor diagnosed you and gave you a treatment plan. There are many different types of medical documents that are useful in filing a legal claim and some of the common documents include the following:
- Surgical notes
- Doctors notes and patient charts
- Emergency department records
- X-rays, MRIs, and CT scan reports
- All notes from physical therapists
- Laboratory analysis results
- Blood test results
Finding An Arizona Automobile Accident Attorney
If you have sustained injuries in a car crash, go see a doctor immediately to get a proper medical evaluation. An auto accident attorney at ELG can help you file a legal claim. Our team of knowledgeable Phoenix attorneys will research all aspects of your accident, answer all of your questions along the way, and keep you involved in every decision. We want to ensure that you receive the maximum amount of compensation. Call us today at either Phoenix or Mesa Arizona law offices at (623) 321-0566 for a consultation.