Escamilla Law Group, PLLC.

Call For A Free Consultation

(623) 562-3838

Escamilla Law Group, PLLC.

Where to Go When Filing an Arizona Injury Claim

Where To Go When Filing An Arizona Injury Claim

Despite the fact that injuries and accidents can happen to virtually anyone, they’re not things that we necessarily plan for or know how to handle if, by chance, they do occur. What’s the difference between a claim and a lawsuit? Who do I contact if I do need to file something? Do I need to hire a lawyer? These are just some of the questions you may have that you’d like to find an answer to.

Where Do I Go To File My Injury Claim?

When it comes to an injury claim, one of the important factors is where the accident that caused the injury occurred. This may not affect the initial claims process, but it can be important later on if the claim isn’t settled to your satisfaction. For example, if you live in Arizona and you’re involved in an accident in Nevada with a local motorist, you’re still going to need to decide whether or not to file a claim with either your insurance company or the other party’s. However, if the insurance negotiations turn sour and you want to file a civil lawsuit, you’re going to need to do it with an attorney who is licensed to practice in Nevada. For that reason, it’s a good idea to consult with an attorney with experience in personal injury cases, as laws regarding fault can vary from state to state and a lawyer may be able to help you determine the best course of action.

Do I File A Claim With My Insurance Company Or The Other Party’s?

This question is important for a number of reasons, from determining what may happen to your insurance rates, to how quickly you can get compensated, to how much money you can actually receive. If the other party is completely at fault but only has minimal insurance coverage, then it’s unlikely that you’ll receive much from filing a claim with them. If your insurance coverage is better, then your chances of being compensated fully are much greater. If you’re partially at fault, though, in the state of Arizona, comparative negligence may cause your insurance rates to increase. Also, filing with your own insurance company is likely to get you paid more quickly, as filing with the other party’s insurance will get a claims adjustor involved to investigate the case and determine how much, if any compensation you deserve.

When Should I Get A Lawyer Involved In My Case?

Whether or not you want to involve a lawyer in your case is entirely up to you, but it’s highly recommended you consult with one if you’re not reaching a satisfactory conclusion from the insurance claim process. A lawsuit is not guaranteed to get you more money, but an experienced attorney with knowledge of the personal injury lawsuit process may be able to help apply the necessary pressure to the other party to settle and avoid going to court. Additionally, if your injuries are serious, you may need more compensation than an insurance company is authorized to provide, further necessitating the need for the legal process to go forward.

Need An Arizona Attorney? Contact ELG Law.

If you were traveling in Arizona and were injured, or if you’re a resident of Arizona in a similar situation, ELG Law is here to listen to the circumstances of your case and see if we can help you move forward with it. Contact ELG Law at 623-321-0566 for a free consultation. With over 55 years of combined attorney experience, our team has the knowledge and resources to push back against insurance adjustors and represent you in the courtroom if necessary. If you keep asking yourself “where to go” when needing help with an Arizona injury case, the answer is ELG Law.


About the Author

Translate »