Mesa, Arizona Dog Bite Attorneys
Over the past five years, the number of dog bite-related hospitalizations across our state has more than doubled. These horrific incidents can result in life-altering injuries and trauma that impact victims for years to come. Unfortunately, more than 25,000 people are treated for dog bites each year in Arizona. These incidents often result in thousands of dollars in medical treatment as well as overwhelming physical and mental pain and suffering.
As Arizona maintains strict liability laws surrounding dog bites, it is imperative for victims to recognize the legal options available to them in the event of a dog bite. Even if a dog attacks someone for the first time, or never showed signs of being aggressive, the owner is liable in nearly every situation. Unfortunately, the fact that the owner is liable does not make obtaining compensation for injuries and damages an easy process. Instead, insurance companies attempt to fight victims every step of the way to prevent them from getting the justice and compensation they are entitled to for their injuries. Working with a skilled and aggressive dog bite lawyer in Mesa will ensure those harmed are fully and fairly compensated for their traumatic and overwhelming experiences.
Mesa dog bite attorneys at Escamilla Law Group have over three decades of combined experience helping accident victims get the justice and compensation they deserve for their injuries. If you were injured by another person’s dog, it is crucial for you to contact our personal injury attorneys in Mesa as soon as possible to get help with your claim.
Why You Should Hire A Mesa Attorney After A Dog Bite Accident
Individuals who are injured by dog bites often experience overwhelming pain and suffering. Attacks that last only a few seconds can have life-long impacts on victims’ lives. In many cases, victims sustain serious and life-altering injuries, such as:
- Tissue loss;
- Permanent and irreversible nerve damage;
- Muscle damage and impairments;
- Broken or severed bones;
- Extensive scarring;
- Post-traumatic stress disorder; and
The permanent and lasting impacts of dog bites in Mesa can have a devastating impact on a person’s life – physically, mentally, and financially. For this reason, it is crucial to contact a Mesa dog bite attorney at Escamilla Law Group discuss your dog bite incident to find out if you have the right to file a claim.
What Will A Dog Bite Lawyer Do To Help Me After A Dog Bite?
Individuals attacked by dogs often seek legal guidance to ensure they are able to get their injuries taken care of. Working with a reputable injury accident attorney in Mesa will ensure those harmed are able to present legal claims that ensure they get the justice and compensation they deserve.
Some of the ways Escamilla Law Group’s personal injury attorneys in Mesa assist victims are by performing tasks, including:
- Investigating the dog and the owner’s history: Although Arizona does not require a history of dog attacks to file a personal injury lawsuit, it can help for courts to know the history of the animal and the owner when deciding whether negligence played a role in the attack.
- Document all the injuries and the treatment necessary for them: It is crucial that legal claims clearly and accurately demonstrate the costs for treatment of injuries. This is especially true in cases involving children where the mental and emotional impact is often devastating. Our attorneys will gather all necessary documents, bills, and care plans from medical professionals to ensure all the costs for past, current, and future medical treatment are included in the claim.
- Communicate with victims about their claims: Our attorneys are dedicated to maintaining ongoing communication with victims. We will provide ongoing documentation and review of cases and help those injured by providing constant feedback and answering any questions they may have.
- Speaking with insurance companies: Insurance companies are notorious for denying those harmed benefits and compensation for which they are entitled. Our attorneys will communicate with insurance companies and ensure no low-ball offers are made or accepted.
- Preparing and negotiating settlements: The majority of personal injury claims are settled out of court. For this reason, it is crucial that we have strong legal arguments presented to ensure we are able to negotiate full and fair settlements for victims.
- Taking the case to trial: When a settlement agreement is not possible, we prepare cases for trial. Attorneys at Escamilla Law Group have extensive experience handling even some of the most complicated legal claims in a court of law. Our attorneys will work with victims every step of the way to ensure their claims are presented thoroughly and in a timely fashion.
If you were injured in a dog attack, it is crucial for you to contact a personal injury attorney in Mesa as soon as possible. Our knowledgeable attorneys at Escamilla Law Group work diligently to help those harmed by a vicious animal get the justice they deserve.
Types of Damages in Personal Injury Claims
Victims who are bitten by dogs often incur thousands of dollars in expenses related to their injuries. In many cases, victims are able to collect restitution for the damages incurred. Some of the most commonly sought after damages for dog bite cases include compensation for:
- Medical Bills: Victims who sustain dog bites often require extensive medical treatment. In many cases, those who are injured have to go through numerous surgeries, including plastic surgery, for their injuries. Those injured by other people’s dogs may be entitled to compensation for all past, current, and anticipated medical costs for their injuries. Working with a reputable personal injury attorney in Mesa will ensure victims get the maximum amount of compensation for their injuries.
- Pain and Suffering: Not only do dog bite victims suffer overwhelming physical pain, but they often deal with mental and emotional pain and suffering as well. When victims are injured due to negligent dog owners, they may be able to obtain recompense for damages related to pain and suffering.
- Lost Wages: Victims who are forced out of work due to their injuries can collect compensation for all lost wages related to missing work to recover, attend appointments, go through surgery, and various other treatments for their injuries.
- Lost Earnings Potential: In some cases, victims are forced out of work permanently. When this happens, those harmed are able to collect compensation for a lifetime of lost earnings. These damages require extensive calculations based on the level of education, chances of promotions, inflation, and various other factors. Working with a skilled and reputable accident injury attorney in Mesa will ensure those harmed get the maximum amount of compensation for their claims.
- Punitive Damages: When dog owners are aware of their dogs’ dangerous actions and are negligent in ensuring the safety of others, they can have punitive damages assessed against them. These damages do not compensate a victim for any loss. Instead, they are provided as a punishment toward wrongdoers.
Working with a Mesa personal injury attorney from Escamilla Law Group will ensure you get the maximum amount of compensation for your legal claims. Contact our law firm today to explore legal options available for you.
Likely Victims Of Dog Bites
Statistics show that more than 4.7 million dog bite incidents occur annually. More than half of all victims are children. This overwhelming number accounts for more than 13,000 victims across the United States being injured by dogs daily.
The majority of dog bite accidents occur without warning and are unprovoked. It is is extremely common in cases where individuals encounter dogs who are unfamiliar with them.
Across Arizona, we see dog bites commonly occur involving victims who are:
- Real estate agents entering homes with dogs;
- Home repair specialists and delivery workers;
- Television and internet service installers or technicians; and
- Estate sales professionals.
When victims sustain dog bites, they are often forced to undergo medical treatment for their injuries. Sadly, a large percentage of dog bites result in debilitating injuries that require extensive and costly medical treatment. Although the number of dog bite cases is increasing through the years, very few legal claims are made against owners to obtain compensation and justice. Sadly, less than 15,000 victims actually get the justice they deserve for their injuries and traumatic experiences.
It is imperative for victims to contact a personal injury attorney in Mesa as soon as possible to explore legal options available for them following an injury from a dog bite.
Why Work With Escamilla Law Group
When victims are injured due to the negligent or reckless acts of others, it is imperative for them to contact a personal injury attorney in Mesa who is skilled and knowledgeable and one who can aggressively fight to protect their legal rights. Arizona personal injury attorneys who work at Escamilla Law Group have over 30 years of combined experience helping those who sustain debilitation dog bites hold owners accountable for their negligence.
Over the past three decades, our attorneys have helped countless victims get full and fair compensation to cover the mental, physical, and financial consequences of these horrific and unimaginable incidents. If you were bitten or attacked by a dog, contact our Mesa dog bite attorneys at (623) 321-0566 to see how we can help you get the justice you deserve.