Arizona Bicycle Accident Law Firm in Mesa
Every day, countless people use bicycles in our state as a means of transportation, a form of exercise, or as a form of recreation. These bikes are being utilized by people of all ages for fun and enjoyment. As more individuals across our state are taking strides towards improving their health while utilizing more environmentally friendly modes of transportation, we are seeing a rapid increase in the number of bicyclists who are injured in accidents involving motor vehicles in our state. Bicyclists who are injured in accidents with passenger vehicles often sustain serious and life-threatening injuries. This is because the bike offers little-to-no protection for the rider when they are impacted by a passing vehicle that is much larger and heavier.
Unfortunately, the increase in being safe and healthy on bicycles is met with more and more drivers engaging in reckless behaviors behind the wheel. Sadly, bicycle riders often suffer catastrophic injuries when struck by motor vehicles along the roadway. Countless victims lose their lives while hundreds more are left to deal with the overwhelming pain and suffering from injuries incurred from bicycle accidents.
When victims are injured in bicycle accidents, they often incur thousands of dollars in medical expenses related to their injuries. In addition, those harmed are often forced out of work and left to deal with excruciating pain and suffering. In many cases, victims are approached by insurance companies and offered minimum settlement amounts for their damages. When victims accept these settlements, they are often unable to file legal claims in the future to collect further compensation.
For this reason, it is crucial for Mesa bicycle accident victims to contact a personal injury attorney as soon as possible to protect their legal rights. The Mesa bicycle accident attorneys at Escamilla Law Group have over thirty years of combined experience handling even some of the most complicated legal cases. Our attorneys work diligently to determine the costs of the accident in order to help those harmed get full and fair compensation for their injuries and damages. Contact our law firm today to see what legal options are available for you.
Why You Should Hire A Lawyer After a Mesa, Arizona Bicycle Accident
Individuals who are injured in bicycle accidents in Arizona are at a disadvantage. Not only are they left to deal with the pain and suffering of their injuries, but they often incur thousands of dollars in medical expenses while being forced out of work. The overwhelming negative consequences of these accidents often leave victims feeling helpless. Thankfully, these victims who sustain injuries in a bike crash that was not their fault are able to file legal claims against at-fault drivers to recover compensation for their injuries and damages.
Working with a skilled and knowledgeable bicycle accident attorney in Mesa is your best bet to receive compensation through a successful personal injury legal claim. Insurance companies are quick to deny claims for victims or offer minimum settlements that do not even make a dent in the costs of care. Instead, working with an attorney will ensure those harmed are fairly compensated for their damages.
Escamilla Law Group’s bicycle accident attorneys in Mesa provide an array of services to victims injured in bicycle accidents so they can focus on recovering without having to worry about their legal options. Our Mesa personal injury attorneys assist those harmed by performing various tasks, including:
- Investigating the Accident: Our attorneys take pride in working hard so the victims do not have to. Our knowledgeable bike accident attorneys go out and investigate every one of our client’s accidents. We gather evidence and information in support of our victim’s claim, interview witnesses, and hire legal experts to recreate the incident in order to provide critical information to their cases.
- Determining the True Cost of the Accident: Our attorneys will review the details of your accident to determine the financial impact those involved suffer. We review all documents and evidence from law enforcement, doctors, mechanics, and various other components to determine how much a victim is required to pay for being injured.
- Communicating with the Victim About Their Case: It is imperative for victims to be involved in their cases every step of the way. For this reason, our personal injury attorneys in Mesa maintain open and continual communication with victims throughout the entire legal process. We are available to answer any questions and provide any information necessary to ensure victims have a clear understanding of what to expect from the beginning of the claim to the end of the legal process.
- Handling Paperwork: Our attorneys work diligently to ensure all paperwork, petitions, and documents are filed accurately and timely. It is crucial for those harmed to file within the statute of limitations in order to get the justice and compensation they deserve.
- Preparing for Settlement: After piecing together a legal claim, our attorneys will prepare settlement offers for insurance companies that meet the needs of victims. We will aggressively negotiate full and fair settlements on behalf of victims to ensure they are able to take care of their financial obligations and resulting burdens.
- Taking the Case to Trial: When settlement negotiations do not go as planned, our attorneys are prepared to take cases to trial each and every time, if necessary. We prepare thorough and accurate cases that demonstrate the level of suffering – mentally, physically, and financially – that a victim endured as a result of the at-fault driver.
- Repairing Vehicles: A lot of people are surprised to learn about the costs for some bicycles. This method of transportation can cost several hundreds to thousands of dollars. When victims are injured in bicycle accidents caused by the negligent and reckless acts of others, we help them to recover compensation needed to repair or replace their bicycle.
If you were injured in a bicycle accident in or around Mesa that was caused by the reckless or negligent acts of another driver, it is imperative for you to contact a personal injury attorney in Mesa as soon as possible. Working with an experienced and knowledgeable injury accident attorney in Mesa will ensure you get full and fair compensation for your damages.
Causes of Motor Vehicle Accidents Involving Bicycles
There are countless reasons why motor vehicle accidents involving bicycles occur. Sadly, motor vehicle drivers continue to be the leading cause of these accidents, leaving helpless victims to deal with excruciating pain and suffering from their injuries. Some of the leading causes of bicycle accidents in Arizona include:
- Distracted Driving: An overwhelming number of drivers continue to use their cellphone, engage in distracting conversations, and take their eyes off the road while in control of their vehicle. Although eating on the go can seem like a harmless act, it is one of the leading causes of collisions across our state.
- Driving Under the Influence: Drivers who are impaired by drugs or alcohol cause over half of all traffic accidents across our state. Sadly, a large number of accidents involve bicyclists who are injured in these truly preventable accidents.
- Product Liability: Although rare, there are instances where bicyclists are injured in automobile accidents as the result of defective parts. When brakes fail to operate accordingly, or other mechanical components fail on automobiles, those in the path are at serious risk for being injured. There may also be a defective bicycle part that played a part in the cause of an accident occurring.
- Driving Conditions: Dark roadways, broken or damaged roads, and inclement weather are some of the leading driving conditions which cause accidents across our state. There are countless cases involving bicyclists caught out in sudden weather changes. Drivers frantically scurry home, which increases the chances of them driving carelessly and causing accidents. Although there is nothing that can be done to prevent accidents from happening 100% of the time, riders can lessen their chances of accidents by having headlights and taillights on their bikes.
- Reckless Driver Behavior: Drivers who speed, fall asleep behind the wheel, or disobey traffic control devices place the lives of others on the road at risk. Bicyclists are particularly vulnerable because they are so much smaller than other motor vehicles that share the roadways. Drivers are more likely to miss seeing them, especially when passing through intersections or congested areas.
If you were injured or someone you love lost his or her life in a bicycle accident due to the negligent or reckless acts of another driver, contact our bicycle accident or wrongful death attorneys in Mesa as soon as possible to explore legal options available to you.
Why Work With Escamilla Law Group?
Being involved in a bicycle accident can have a major impact on a person’s life. This is especially true in cases where victims sustain life-altering injuries that require extensive medical treatment. Quite often, people fail to realize the negative impact these accidents have on the mental, physical, and financial wellbeing of victims.
When victims are injured due to the negligent or reckless acts of others, it is important for them to contact a bicycle accident attorney in Mesa as soon as possible. These injured victims deserve legal representation from a skilled and knowledgeable attorney who can aggressively fight to protect their legal rights. Arizona personal injury attorneys at Escamilla Law Group have more than 30 years of combined experience assisting those harmed in bicycle accidents to get the justice and compensation they deserve.
Over the years, our aggressive Arizona bicycle accident attorneys in Mesa have helped numerous victims get full and fair compensation to cover the financial burdens they face as the result of these horrific and unimaginable incidents. If you were injured in a bicycle accident, due to the negligent or reckless acts of another person, contact our Mesa bicycle accident attorneys at (623) 321-0566 to schedule a free case evaluation as soon as possible and explore legal options available for you.
ELG – Escamilla Law Group, PLLC
2058 S Dobson Rd Suite 1
Mesa, AZ 85202