Arizona Bicycle Accident Attorney
As more Americans are working to improve their health and simultaneously opting to use alternative means of transportation to be more environmentally friendly, more bikes are on the road than ever before. This, coupled with the rise of bike-share programs nationwide and the rising number of individuals regularly riding bicycles, is resulting in an increase in bicycle accidents. Bike share programs saw a 25% increase year-over-year in 2018 as related to accidents in 2017. Still, with the many great benefits associated with bike riding, there are some risks associated as well. Approximately 90% of all bike accidents that are reported in Arizona occur within urban areas like Phoenix and Mesa.
While cyclists are known to diligently and carefully adhere to the rules of the road, other drivers often do not know the laws for sharing space with bikes and could be putting you at risk. Whether your accident is a result of a collision with a motor vehicle or another cyclist, you deserve the best legal representation available and fair compensation for your injuries. The ramifications of a bicycle accident are far-reaching; in addition to replacing your bike, your helmet, and any other equipment, you will need to consider the cost of medical bills, time off work, physical therapy, and more.
The experienced team of personal injury lawyers at Escamilla Law Group want to see you on the mend with the compensation you are entitled to for your injuries and losses. We want to see you looking forward to the days ahead and returning to the mode of exercise and transportation that you love.
By hiring a bike accident lawyer from Escamilla Law Group, you can focus on your recovery while leaving the burdensome tasks of securing compensation to a team of experts who will do the work for you. Our experienced personal injury lawyers have represented cases like yours in the past and look forward to discussing the specific of your bicycle crash with you soon. Call us today to speak with a skilled and knowledgeable Arizona bicycle accident attorney.
Should I Hire a Lawyer After a Bicycle Accident?
Working with a Mesa Bike lawyer is the best way for you to receive full and fair compensation for your injuries and associated damages. Insurance companies have a vested interest in denying claims, lowballing your compensation, or drawing out the process in the hopes of you losing interest or settling for less. Understanding your rights as a cyclist and a victim of a bike accident takes a lot of time and attention that you should be using to focus on your recovery and healing.
Hiring an attorney at Escamilla Law Group means that you can rest assured knowing that an experienced team of skilled personal injury lawyers will be working hard on your side. The Escamilla Law Group know and understand all of the Arizona laws pertaining to personal injury and have earned the respect of our peers and judges in the Arizona court system. We work to build a solid case on behalf of all of our clients by do the following for all of our clients:
- Investigate the Accident – Our lawyers will build a case and tell your story about what happened to you during the accident, including communicating with the other party’s insurance and lawyers. Our team will organize medical records and bills in order to obtain evidence to prove you are not liable for the accident. While you likely took photos after the accident, our lawyers will get photos which depict the exact details that will give the best portrayal of what happened the day of the event.
- Determine the Complete Cost of the Accident – Knowing what dollar amount to ask for, and what the standard compensation is for accidents in the Arizona market, is something that the average accident victim will never comprehend. Instead, by bringing in a partner, you are unlocking the expertise that will not only calculate your hard costs, like time off work, bike damage and medical bills, but will factor in fault or negligence, which may make your compensation many times greater.
- Communicate With You About Your Case – Your lawyer at Escamilla Law Group will routinely communicate with you and provide ongoing documentation and review of your case. Getting help on your case does not mean handing over all control with no feedback from you. Instead, what you are doing is getting the experience needed to handle this complicated process while you move on with your life. You will be freed from the burden of tracking down your well-deserved compensation, all the while knowing every step of the way will be communicated to you as much as you need to be comfortable with the process.
- Handle All Required Paperwork, Tracking, and Meeting All Deadlines – While handling paperwork may not seem like a challenging task, it can be an all-consuming job that most victims are unable to complete, given their health, injuries, or current work situation. One example of this is obtaining the medical records that rightly belong to you. While getting them is possible, sending documentation is not a provider’s core concern. In our experience, healthcare organizations may need to be contacted several times in order to ensure accurate and complete paperwork for a full picture of the accident’s impact.
- Prepare For and Negotiate the Settlement – In most instances, personal injury claims, particularly bike accidents, are settled out of court. No one wants to spend their time and valuable resources going to trial. An effective lawyer can help you navigate the settlement process and keep you from losing time and money in court. Still, negotiating is a unique skill set and something that can go dramatically wrong if handled by someone who does not know what they are doing. By working with the experienced team of lawyers at Escamilla Law Group, you are in capable hands with representation that will give you the best shot at getting an appropriate settlement for your accident and injuries.
- Take the Case To Trial – In some instances, there is no way to avoid going to trial. The only way to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve is to take the case directly to court. Should you find yourself in this situation, the lawyers at Escamilla Law Group have handled many cases that have been taken to trial. With everything from jury selection to evidence presentation to examining witnesses, your attorney will have handled it all before and can confidently walk you through the process.
- Securing repairs or a replacement for your bicycle – Victims who choose to go alone seeking repairs and compensation after their accident are likely to face many challenges. One specific example is understanding where and what should be repaired on the bike. Performance bikes can be incredibly expensive, and our attorneys will help you get the information to know if you should send your bike for repairs or if you are facing a total loss and the insurance company will cover a replacement of your bike.
Critical Steps To Take After A Bicycle Accident
While most drivers know what to do should they get in a fender-bender, getting in an accident while on your bike is uncharted territory for most cyclists and worse for any driver that they encounter. The first few minutes after a crash are critical and you may still be in shock. By following these steps, you are already well on your way to securing compensation for your Chandler accident.
- Ensure that anyone involved in the accident receives immediate medical attention, in order to prevent any dormant injuries from suddenly flaring up later.
- Avoid apologizing or insinuating fault or ownership in any way for causing the accident.
- Contact the police and get your statement documented.
- Get contact information from those involved and any witnesses to the accident.
- Compose your notes and your observations as to what happened, the scene of the accident, and anything else you can remember as soon as possible.
- Take photos of your bicycle, any injuries, and the scene of the
- Wait to get your bike, helmet, or any other equipment fixed until your attorney gives you the go ahead
- Contact Escamilla Law Group for assistance with your bike accident claim
If you missed something in these steps, it is not too late.. Schedule your consultation today with a bike accident attorney at Escamilla Law Group.
Why Work with Escamilla Law Group
Escamilla Law Group has a reputation throughout Arizona as one of the best personal injury attorney practices in the area. In fact, we only handle personal injury cases. When it comes to bike accident injuries, we are diligent in ensuring that our clients are represented and compensated. Our bilingual attorneys understand the stress these trying times cause our clients, which motivates us even more to ensure you win your case. The core values of our organization were created to serve clients in need, just like you. We do our best – and we do not receive a penny unless you do.
Our initial consultation takes very little of your time. It will help us understand the specifics of your claim, we will explain the next steps and process from there, and we will give you an understanding of what we anticipate the outlook of your case to be. Best of all, you get to meet our lawyers and determine if we are the right fit for you. To speak with one of our attorneys for a better understanding of your rights, potential compensation, or to schedule a free consultation call us today at 623-562-3838.
The majority of bicycle accidents are caused by motorists that simply do not see the bicyclists when they are in intersections or in the traffic lane. If you have been injured, please contact us today for a consultation with one of our experienced attorneys.