18 Wheeler Truck Accident Attorneys in Chandler, Arizona
Over 50,000 people are injured in motor vehicle accidents across the state of Arizona each year. As you can imagine, individuals involved in collisions with semi-trucks often sustain serious and catastrophic injuries. The size and weight of these vehicles make it more likely that victims will have to undergo extensive and expensive medical treatment for their injuries.
Not only are victims forced to deal with overwhelming pain and suffering, but they end up having to spend tens-of-thousands of dollars on medical treatment for their injuries. To make matters even worse, those harmed are often forced out of work for several weeks or even months in order to recover. These horrific accidents can have long-term consequences that are devastating for victims and their families. Unfortunately, countless victims are injured in collisions due to the negligent and reckless acts of others sharing the road. When victims are harmed due to the actions of others, they are often approached by the insurance companies of those at-fault and offered minimal settlements for their injuries and damages. These lowball offers are barely enough to cover any damages, let alone the cost of medical treatment and lost wages.
Rather than accepting these offers from insurance companies, it is crucial for victims to contact a truck accident attorney in Chandler as soon as possible. Victims may be entitled to compensation to help alleviate the financial burdens resulting from their semi-truck accidents. Over the years, our Chandler personal injury attorneys at Escamilla Law Group, PLLC have helped countless victims get the justice and compensation they deserve for their accidents. Our team of knowledgeable attorneys works diligently to ensure victims injured in collisions, by no fault of their own, are fully and fairly compensated for their injuries and damages. Contact our truck accident attorneys in Chandler as soon as possible to see how we can assist you.
Why Truck Accidents are Complicated in Chandler
Semi-truck accidents involve vehicles that weigh upwards of 80,000 pounds. The size and weight of these vehicles mean accidents in which they are involved are more likely to result in catastrophic and fatal injuries. In addition to the large size of these vehicles, the legal claims often involve large trucking companies and multiple litigants who can all be held liable for resulting injuries and damages. For this reason, it is crucial for victims to contact a skilled and aggressive truck accident attorney in Chandler who is well-versed in handling these complex legal claims on behalf of victims.
Our knowledgeable truck accident attorneys at Escamilla Law Group, PLLC have extensive experience helping thousands of victims get full and fair compensation for their legal claims. Our attorneys have extensive knowledge of the federal and local laws and regulations that guide truck drivers and dictate their driving habits. If you were injured in a truck accident, it is imperative that you contact our personal injury attorneys in Chandler as soon as possible to ensure you are represented by a skilled and aggressive team of legal professionals.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Like other types of motor vehicle accidents, semi-truck crashes can take place for a variety of reasons. Unfortunately, the majority of truck accidents occur due to reckless and negligent acts of drivers. When drivers fail to control their vehicles while traveling throughout Arizona, they are likely to cause a serious collision. Over the years, Chandler truck accident attorneys at Escamilla Law Group, PLLC have helped countless victims with truck accident claims caused by:
- Driver Negligence: Drivers who fail to pay attention to other vehicles on the roadway are more likely to cause devastating collisions. There are countless instances where drivers fail to monitor their blind spots and engage in other negligent acts while in control of their vehicle.
- Speeding: As if the size and weight of semi-trucks did not present enough danger to others sharing the road when these vehicles travel at a high rate of speed the results can be disastrous. Truck drivers who speed have a difficult time stopping their vehicles in time to avoid a collision.
- Distracted Driving: There are strict laws and regulations in place to ensure truck drivers are focused on the road at all times. Countless drivers continue to eat, use cell phones, and engage in other activities that are distracting while they drive.
- Drowsy Driving: When truck drivers do not follow the rules and regulations, they can end up spending too many hours on the road. Those who drive long hours are more likely to become tired while in control of their vehicles. Drivers who are drowsy may fall asleep, nod off, or experience delayed reaction times, which can all be very dangerous scenarios.
- Driving while Intoxicated: Although drivers across the state are required to maintain a blood alcohol content level of 0.08% or less, truck drivers are not allowed to exceed 0.04%. Drivers who are drunk or under the influence of drugs are the leading cause of calamitous collisions across our state.
- Cargo Shifts and Spills: When trailers are not properly loaded, the cargo can shift or spill. The shift in weight in the trailer can cause the driver to lose control of the truck and possibly cause a rollover or jackknifed truck.
- Vehicle Failures: When brakes or other mechanical systems are not functioning properly in a semi-truck, it can make it impossible for a driver to control their vehicle. These problems can result in devastating accidents that can cause catastrophic or fatal injuries for those involved.
- Road Conditions: Inclement weather, broken roads, and unfamiliar areas can make it difficult for truck drivers to maintain control over their vehicles. Weather can change unexpectedly and cause sudden heavy rain and hail, creating hazardous conditions for drivers.
When victims are harmed in collisions, due to the negligent acts of others, they often incur overwhelming mental, physical, and financial devastation. For this reason, it is imperative that they contact a skilled and knowledgeable truck accident attorney in Chandler as soon as possible. Those harmed may be entitled to compensation to help alleviate some of the financial burdens resulting from their accidents.
Types of Damages Available in a Chandler Personal Injury Claim
Victims who are harmed in motor vehicle accidents not only deal with mental and physical pain and suffering, but they often incur thousands of dollars in financial burdens related to medical treatment, lost wages, and various other losses. When victims are injured in collisions, by no fault of their own, it is crucial that they contact a truck accident attorney in Chandler as soon as possible to help them get the compensation and justice they deserve. Our team at Escamilla Law Group, PLLC works diligently to ensure victims are fully and fairly compensated for their injuries and damages. Our team of knowledgeable personal injury attorneys in Chandler have helped countless victims get the maximum amount of compensation for damages including:
- Medical Bills: When individuals are injured by careless and reckless drivers, they often undergo extensive medical treatment for their injuries. Those harmed are able to collect compensation to cover the costs for all past, current, and anticipated medical expenses resulting from their injuries.
- Lost Wages: Victims harmed in semi-truck accidents are often forced into area hospitals then required to spend several weeks or even months in recovery, rehabilitation, and going through other medical treatments. When victims are unable to work, they often suffer from lost wages. Our team at Escamilla Law Group, PLLC is dedicated to helping victims collect the maximum amount of compensation available to cover all hours lost due to their accidents and injuries.
- Lost Earnings: When victims are forced out of work indefinitely, we help them collect compensation for their lost earning potential. Our truck accident attorneys in Chandler work with reputable financial experts who can complete the complex calculations needed to determine the total lost earnings a victim incurs over their lifetime to ensure they get the maximum amount of compensation available.
- Pain and Suffering: Those harmed in truck accidents often deal with overwhelming mental and physical pain and suffering. For this reason, our team at Escamilla Law Group, PLLC helps them show the true impact their accidents have had on their lives to ensure they get the maximum amount of compensation available.
- Property Damage: When individuals are involved in semi-truck accidents, their vehicles often sustain extensive damage. For this reason, we help victims get their vehicles repaired or replaced so they can get back on the road as quickly as possible.
- Punitive Damages: When victims are harmed due to the extreme negligence of others, we help them petition the court for the maximum amount of punitive damages available for their legal claim. Punitive damages are awarded to a victim as a punishment to the at-fault party for their egregious behavior and as a deterrent to future reckless behavior.
Demonstrating to the court that the at-fault party’s extreme negligence was the cause of the incident is the key to ensuring those harmed are fully and fairly compensated. Working with a reputable truck accident attorney in Chandler will ensure you get the maximum amount of compensation available for your claims.
Why Work with Escamilla Law Group, PLLC
Being injured in a truck accident can have a devastating impact on a victim’s life. When individuals are harmed due to the negligent acts of others, it is crucial that they take the steps necessary to protect their legal rights. With over thirty years of experience, attorneys at Escamilla Law Group, PLLC are dedicated to helping those harmed get the justice and compensation they deserve. Contact our truck accident attorneys in Chandler at (623) 321-0566 to see how we can assist you.